At our library events, kids from all over Long Island get the chance to hold our hissing Madagascar roaches. With the roach in hand, they were asked “If you had hundreds of roaches in your house, how would you get rid of them?”
Roaches are pretty “yucky”. Hopefully, everyone knows the safety and health risks. Cockroach infestations can trigger allergies and asthma. They also spread germs and bacteria. Here’s how some Long Island kids, ages 8 to 9, would get rid of roaches.
- Brian would move to Florida.
- Brittany would go to her neighbor’s house.
- Delaney would scream and get help!
- Trey would faint! (His friend told him that he should “pass out”because only girls faint.)
- Jack would spray bug spray all over the place!
- Nicole would bribe them to come out with food.
If you live in Stony Brook, Syosset, Plainview, West Islip or anywhere on Long Island, call Suburban Exterminating to get rid of your roach problem at (631) 864-6900 or (516) 864-6900. If you live in other parts of the U.S., you can find a professional pest control company through National Pest Management Association.